Last nite a storm arrived in the City of Tequisquiapan. The rain continued for many hours. Lightning and thunder came about every 10 seconds. During the early morning hours the rain stopped and then returned as daylight approached. It is not too cold, only about 56°F at 7:30am.
8:30AM - Camped near Susy's store.
MsTioga has made a Morning Camp near Susy Secoraciones, the store where we are buying MsTioga's new mini-blinds. The blinds are scheduled to arrive today or tomorrow. So, we have made a Camp here to find out about installation.
Our little Honda generator needs to be charging this morning because the rain clouds do not allow the Sun to power Mr. Sunny's solar panels. When I was removing the Honda from its cabinet, the rain water swirled around my shoes as it flowed down the cobblestone street.
11AM - Solar battery bank maintenance.
We are very happy with our computerized maintenance program because it keeps us up to date with our maintenance schedule [link]. It is time for solar battery bank maintenance which is done each month. It takes about 45 minutes to clean all the battery cable connections, fill the battery cells with distilled water and wipe down the battery tops.
During the last trip to California, battery mats were brought back for our battery bank. These mats are designed to absorb any battery acid that oozes out into the compartment. We are extremely happy with these battery mats. Before using them, the floor of the compartment was always a little wet. Now it is dry down there! [link].
If you would like to read more about the TiogaRV Team battery bank, here is a [link] to that story.
4PM - What a great time is today!
This is a great day, and we want to tell you all about why!
- Our new mini-blinds are installed, and they work wonderfully!
- MsTioga's window treatment included cloth covered side panels. These panels always interfered with mini-blind operation. Today we took those side panels down and remounted the window headers! It looks great!
- I got a haircut so that I will look decent at Aunt Shirley and Uncle Seymour's party next month.
- After working on remounting the window treatment for a couple of hours, I was soooooo hungry. I made a peanut butter & jam tortilla sandwich for lunch and a strawberry ice cream sundae topped chocolate syrup for dessert!
- Took a hot shower to clean up.