While visiting with Uncle Seymour and Aunt Shirley, it came to me that I have a great deal in common with the two of them.
Aunt Shirley is, seven years senior to me. Uncle Seymour, ten years senior. All of my life, I have been close emotionally and psychologically to Uncle Seymour. The same with Aunt Shirley, after she married Seymour in 1949.
After their marriage, I was close in location to Seymour and Shirley's home. They rented an apartment from my Grandmother [Seymour's Mother]. When I was a baby, until I was 12 years old, Uncle Seymour lived right there in the same place where he would first live with his new Wife, my Aunt Shirley. Right across the street. In my Grandmother's home.
Now you are aware of how much in common Seymour and Shirley have to myself!
Seeing my self in others
During this visit with Seymour and Shirley, for the first time in my lifetime, I perceived a remarkable thing. I saw myself in the two of them.
- In their faces, I saw my future appearance. The aging look.
- In their walking and moving, I saw my future self. My slow walk to come.
- In their speaking, I perceived the hint of doubt. No longer sure as before.
- In their plans, no longer living on their own. A retirement place coming.
- In their listening to others, difficulty hearing.
- In their sight, diminishment of of vision. Eye glasses no longer help.
- In senses [ie smell] a diminishment here as well.
With this visit, my destiny is visible. Not mysterious and unknown as before. But right out now before me. In view. A bit too close for comfort.