Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Packing up!

Two days and a wakeup to being a Fulltimer!

2am - After sleeping 3-hours, I got out of bed and began packing up all the stuff that will be moved into Twayler. I'm beginning at one corner of the apartment. Then continue packing until the opposite corner is all packed.

I've a ton of successful experiences transitioning from one life to another life. This one is a snap! Because it is a transition back to Fulltime RVing. I've already done that [2003 to 2014].

Lists
I've begun two lists. One for the services to be closed [Effective Sept. 23rd]. The other list for changing mailing addresses.

I've selected a mail box and mail forwarding company in the
City of Encinitas [link].

7am - Finished packing!
Yes! All finished packing the stuff that is going inside Twayler.

7pm - Note:
I never, ever, ever talk to a phone machine.
They are not human.

If we the people accept and continue to use computerized voice technology,
what will happen is that we will become inundated by such nonsense.

All of us should NOT respond to such machine voice statements as:
"If you want sales, Press 1."

Instead, the only number that we should press is "0", for a human being.

8pm - Marios de la Mesa
This Mexican restaurant is the best around. I come to eat here very often.

This time, is likely the very last time for me. I've ordered their Chili Relleno. It is sooooo good!

30 comments:

1. Settle down George, you're getting excited!

1. Hi N & J,

If you don't enjoy my Blog the way I write it, why read it?

Tioga George

2. George, I think you are misinterpreting Nancy & Joe's comment. They didn't deserve your curt reply.

3. Hi Unknown,

Enlighten me?

Tioga George

2. I'm so happy for you, George! I can hardly wait until you and Twayler get all set up at new site. I'm sorry, I've forgotten if you previously said, but are you close to Judy Bell? I hope you will post pictures of your progress. Take care, George, and, again, congratulations!

1. Hi Judy,

Thank you sooooo much for being happy for me! 😀

When I rented space at Jojoba Park a few weeks back, Judy Bell was two sites away from mine.

I will definitely post pics of what goes on during the move to Twayler.

Tioga Geoge

3. Encinitas ... my old neighborhood. I look forward to reading about your return to full-timing. From what I understand, the trailer will be parked somewhere as a base camp and you will travel in the Honda Fit with some tent camping?? Check my blog and in the upper right under other links I have a link to a good tent camping forum.

1. Hi Steve,

You have it correct about base camp.

Tioga George

4. George, where is Twayler at this moment? A temporary space until you're a Jojobian?

1. Hi Bill,

Twayler is at Bobby Combs RV Sales in El Cajon. Twayler is receiving free parking.

George

5. That's my mail service, George. I've used them since I started fulltiming, and I think you'll be super happy with him. Art is very helpful, and sends my mail the day I e-mail him with my request. He is very well known in Encinitas, has done business at that location for a loooong time. :)

1. Hi Barbara,

Thank you for letting me know about Art.

6. I have started using https://www.mailboxforwarding.com
    when we started full-timing over 5 years ago.

The big advantage they scan the mail you want to read so you can receive your mail quickly and have an archived copy. You can still get a hard copy forwarded, like debit/credit cards, etc.

If you are interested, sign up using my box number as the promo code:

- You will get your first month of service free
    - And I will get my next month of service free

Just have them enter my box number, "15578", in the promo code box during checkout.

1. Hi David,

Good to know.

I already signed up 😫.

Tioga George

7. So cool George! Where is going to be your base camp? Or is it surprise? Perfect season to start camping again.
    Cheers!

1. Hi Jose,

Yes! Cool !

Initially, I will be saying at:
      Lone Wolf Colony RV Park

It is located near Apple Valley, CA

8. Nancy and Joe9/20/16, 7:58 AM
    Settle down George, you're getting excited!

Tioga George9/20/16, 9:50 AM
    Hi N & J,

If you don't enjoy my Blog the way I write it, why read it?

Unknown9/20/16, 2:17 PM

Tioga George9/20/16, 2:30 PM
    Hi Unknown,

Enlighten me?

Some Enlightenment for you

When you have small children and its The excitement on Christmas morning I'm sure you know how excited that is for them ,,, we see the same joy and excitement that you are experiencing looking forward to moving in to your trailer and the future

I'll go out on a limb here and say I think you took there comment as a negative,,, and not as a fun,,,,, positive,,,
    I would put that under the same heading.. and I'm sure you've heard it.. Calm down kids don't get excited....are we there yet...don't make me reach back there....no it's too close to your supper....if the army wanted you to have it we can give it to you
    I'm sure there's others that you probably already heard
    So off hand I would think that they were trying to have fun with you

Sent from my iPad

1. Hi Mister Ed,

I understand exactly what was intended. My response was appropriate.

Tioga George

2. It's obvious you must know the character of the people better than I interpreted my apologies to you

3. Hi Mr. Ed,

Apparently you know that character better than me!

My apologies to you, Mister Ed.

George

9. New beginning in Twayler and full-time rving -- life doesn't get much better. You are a lucky guy.

1. Hi Sheila,

I agree. My life is a miracle!

Tioga George

10. So wonderful that you are getting back to this amazing lifestyle, nothing more rewarding. Looking forward to some more fun posts.

1. Hi OAT,

Wonderful! Good way to describe getting back to FullTiming!

Tioga George

11. Settle down George, you're getting excited!
    No I'm sorry you did take it the wrong way George.
    I started to put lol at the end of it and didn't maybe I should have. My wife says I some times say things that people take the wrong way.
    I guess this was one of those times.
    Hope you have a great day.

1. Hi Joe,

I apologize to you for my reply comment.

And, I am glad that you returned to explain.

George

12. Chili Relleno one of my favorite things to order in a Mexican Restaurant. Hope it was made with a Poblano pepper as that is the best kind to use. YUM!

1. Hi Sandy,

The pepper was huge! Poblano? Maybe?

I was only able to eat a small amount at Mario's. Took home the rest. Probably make two more meals out of that!

George

13. I have started using https://www.mailboxforwarding.com
    when we started full-timing over 5 years ago.

If you are interested, sign up using my box number as the promo code:

- You will get your first month of service free
    - And I will get my next month of service free

1. Hi David,

Thank you so much for your suggestion about:
      "Mailbox Forwrding.com."

However, I've already signed up with:
      "Mailbox Station."

Perhaps one of my Blog readers may take your advice?

Comments