Dash Thru LA
9am - We decided, at 2:30am this morning, to head out from our Nite Camp and get ourselves thru LA. Traffic was the reason! Is there any place that has traffic like Los Angeles?
Baby Boid, of course, was sound asleep. Boid, inside his cage, was moved to his stool on Little Honda's passenger seat. We left Boid's black cage cover on. No need for Boid to experience LA in the dark!
Three hours later, 5:30am, we broke free of LA! When Little Honda drove thru the intersection of I-405 and the Ventura Freeway, we knew that we had made it!
We made our Early Morning Camp in the Town of North Hollywood on a small and quiet residential street. I put on my PJs, and went to sleep and did not wake up until a bit passed 8:30am.
4:30pm - Lost Hill Nite Camp
During today's trip, Baby Boid gave me one of his ideas of economic theory!
Baby Boid says:
"The Income Tax is a good thing for the wealthy. If the Income Tax was a BAD thing for the wealthy, it would not exist!"
George: "Wow! Baby Boid. That's pretty deep. Where did you learn economic theory?"
Boid: "Back home at Pet Smart! They had classes for exceptional boids at Pet Smart. I was invited to attend." 😇
6pm - How are we doing?
Are you a Reader who is wondering how Scampy and The Team are doing?
The answer to that question is: FANTASTIC!
We are sooooo surprised at how easy we have found fulltiming is with tiny Scampy.
- Scampy may be small. But has plenty of room. More than enough storage.
- The kitchen is great. Stove is great. Sink is great. We only have a challenge with a couple things. If Scampy is not completely level, a pan on the range top has a tendency to slide off. The sink's cutting board, is not the proper thickness. Should be at least twice as thick. When using this cutting board, it flops out of the sink opening.
- We have not used Scampy's shower yet. But we tested the shower head with its own off-on valve. Worked great too!
- Toilet is a blessing!
- Dining table converts to bed in a couple of minutes. Easy set-up. Comfortable!
- All interior lights should be converted to LED. That's happening soon.
- Scampy's fiberglass is absolutely gorgeous. Exterior and interior fiberglass clean up sooooo easily!
- Shore power cable should be converted to a 2-foot stub. An extension shore cable, stored in the tow vehicle and connected to the 2-foot stub, would be much easier to use than having a 15 foot shore cable stored inside the bench seat storage.
AND THE BIGGEST THING
- Stop using the Dometic brand refrigerator
- Dometic has always produced a fridge with defects! Always!!
- For many years, Dometic turned out a refrigerator with a defective weld just above the burner. Dometic knew this weld was defective. And did nothing about it! 1000s of Dometic fridges were returned with that weld defect.
- In fact, a small fridge repair company in the San Francisco Bay area, based their entire business on reworking that weld. This repair company retrieved Dometic fridges with that defective weld. Then repaired that weld and sold the now working fridge for about $850!!
The Dometic in Scampy, has the burner go OUT several times a day. Why end users put up with Dometic, is beyond me? I will bend heaven and Earth to replace my Dometic!
Elevation: 263 feet