Sources Of Electric Power
Here are those three suggestions:
#1 Honda Generator EU1000i 1000 Watt Inverter • 1000 watts, 120V
- Ideal for TV, lights, fans, small power tools and more
- Super quiet
- Less than 29 lbs!!
- Fuel efficient - up to 8.3 hrs on 0.6 gal of gas
- Inverter - stable power for computers and more
#2 Go Power! Solar Panel GP-PSK-120 120W Portable Folding Kit
with 10 Amp Solar Controller
- Quick and simple setup
- 120 Watts of power 6.7 ampere DC per hour
- Built in 10 ampere solar controller
- 25 year warranty
- Includes carrying case
Solar Kit Weight 28.7 pounds
Product Dimensions 32.5 x 2.8 x 19.9 inches
#3 Universal UB121000-45978 12v 100AH Deep Cycle AGM Battery 12V 24V 48V(Black)
by Universal Power Group
by Universal Power Group
$159.49 & FREE Shipping
- UPG #45978 UB121000 12V 100Ah
- Dimensions: 12.17 inches x 6.61 inches x 9.16 inches. Weight: 63.93 Lbs
- SLA/AGM maintenance free, spill proof battery
- Rechargeable battery that can be mounted in any position, resists shocks and vibration
- 1 Year Warranty
PS: Yesterday, we learned that Scampy's incandescent fixtures could be converted to LED fixtures by simply changing the bulbs! If you would be interested in finding out more, Click [here].
11am - My New Camping Style
In yesterday's Blog, there was this thought:
This morning while preparing breakfast, some insight to this came to me. It's extremely subtle:
As much as practical, do everything myself:
- Prepare my own meals from scratch
- Clean Scampy and Little Honda myself. No car wash. Clean Scampy using rags and abrasive sponge. Whisk brush with dust pan. This includes Scampy's floor and walls.
Just as when you go camping, the great joy comes from setting up camp. And doing all the necessary camping chores!
Breakfast: French toast made from Jewish Rye [Butter &
Strawberry Jam topping], Sausage, Scrambled Egg, Hot Chocolate
1:30pm - Suburban Range Top
Scampy has a gas range manufactured by Suburban. It's a pretty good stove.
Except! In my opinion, nobody at the factory conceived of the idea of "field testing!"
If a company does NOT field test their products, then that company has absolutely no grasp how well that product works when customers use it!
Below are images of two things on my Suburban that were never field tested.
This pic shows a screw that secures the range top.
Notice that this screw goes Down thru the top.
Question: How does a user fasten the top using a screw?
Answer: Fishing around searching for the not visible clip shown in the 2nd pic
The screw should be replaced by a threaded stud coming up!
Screw inserted Downward into threaded clip.
Screw should be inserted UPWARD thru threaded clip!
The upward screw then would be secured by a threaded nut!
Stove top burner with black top permanently affixed?!
Wouldn't it be nice to have this black top removable. For cleaning the pan below?
Easy fix for stove top screw
6pm - All that was necessary to get the screw to go UP instead of DOWN was to put the screw into the bottom of the clip.
It is sooooo easy to find that screw by moving the stove top around a bit.
A threaded nut will now be used to secure the stove top.
Screw now comes up. Instead of going down! Easy!!
Companies that do not field test their products must be run by idiots. Because to fail to field test, such companies are shooting themselves in the foot.